There is a lot going on at Seneca Insurance. We are constantly looking for new opportunities and ways to add value to our customers and producers.
- We are a specialty property and casualty insurance company with an eclectic product mix that reflects our open-minded approach to new opportunities. Some of our favorite classes of business include:
- Inner-city mercantile
- Vacant properties
- Labor organizations
- Bail Bonds
- We have the flexibility to write business in two legal entities:
- Seneca Insurance Company – an admitted carrier licensed in all 50 states.
- Seneca Specialty Insurance Company – a non-admitted carrier in 49 states.
- As a wholly owned subsidiary of Crum & Forster and part of the Fairfax Financial Holdings, Inc., Seneca Insurance has the advantages that come with being part of a larger organization.
- Seneca is rated A XIII by A.M. Best Company.
- Our main office is located in downtown New York City and we also have underwriters in:
We have experienced and thoughtful underwriting and claims teams – which allow us to take a creative approach to providing insurance solutions:
- We prefer lines of business that require underwriting and claims expertise – and that are normally avoided by the main street insurance companies.
- We will consider insuring a wide range of business classes – assuming that we can understand the business, underwrite the risk and handle the claims – and have confidence that we can make an underwriting profit.
- We are flexible with respect to size of account, production source, admitted or non-admitted paper, billing options and the ability to use manuscript terms.
- We are conservative with respect to catastrophe risk. Although we do write catastrophe prone businesses, we carefully monitor and limit our aggregate exposures.
- We believe that we do a more thorough job of underwriting, claims adjusting and loss control than our competitors on the business for which we compete. As a result, we can use more underwriting judgment on difficult accounts to find a way to profitably underwrite them.
Our consistency in underwriting approach – and in our performance – gives our customers and producers long term confidence.
We hope this provides a good description of Seneca Insurance, and certainly welcome future business opportunities. If you are an underwriter or a producer with a business plan – or a good idea – and want to develop it into a business, feel free to contact any of us.
Marc Wolin – Chief Executive Officer
Keith McCarthy – Senior Vice President (Standard Lines)
Steve Fomchenko – Senior Vice President (Property & Inland Marine)